Sunday 23 December 2012

Annoying Phrases & Words

There are are words, phrases and sayings that irritate and annoy me. Sometimes I feel very sorry for my poor Goat as the poor little bugger is often getting “got”

Like many dislikes, there is of course, not necessarily a logical, or indeed any reason for a particular target to raise my ire.

“That Film made me cold” – I find this an absolutely infuriating and pointless way to suggest that one didn’t enjoy a film. WTF. No it bloody didn’t make you “cold”. Turn up the heating you Swit.

“Looking for a Genuine Man/Lady” – A phrase often used by people wanting a romantic partner. I spent a long time assuming that most of the “men” who contact these girls on meeting turn out to be a girl called Mary wearing a fake moustache, and the poor guys were turning up on a date to find that “Sexy Sandra” is actually Frank from down the road in a wig and dress.

The intent behind the real meaning of this annoying phrase is in fairness no less daft though. Do people really think a faker/liar will look at those words and think “oh, I better not message him/her then, I shall keep looking till I find someone advertising that they want to be lied to, cheated on and generally mistreated”

“Mom” Now this is a perfectly acceptable spelling and word to say. If your American. It is standard American English. What is annoying the absolute hell out of me, are the morons in the UK now spelling it like that. You live on a nice estate in Leeds sweetie, not Los Angeles.

No comments:

Post a Comment